The Mercer County Historical Society made the agreement with the Mercer County Commissioners to fund the cost of placing new bronze plaques on those brick columns which would support the 1868 Courthouse bell.
IBEW local site: Our goal is to provide the highest quality training in the electrical industry.
The Mercer County Commissioners had purchased the Riley Home for the Mercer County Historical Society, Inc., to become the Mercer County Historical Museum on May 27, 1975.
Eugene Hirschfeld, Hirschfeld Construction, constructed the two brick columns to support that old 1868 Courthouse bell on the lawn of the Mercer County Historical Museum.
The Mercer County Commissioners and the Mercer County Historical Society discussed the preservation of that 1868 Courthouse bell, and the plaques which needed updating. Dave Dorsten, Mercer County Maintenance, discussed this topic with Joyce Alig, President, Mercer County Historical Society.
The Mercer County Commissioners explained that there were extra new bricks from the new Mercer County Jail, constructed at 4835 St. Gary Thobe, Masonry and Plastering, 7968 Fort Recovery Minster Road, near Maria Stein, was employed by the County to take those new bricks from the Mercer County Jail and to construct the brick columns to support the 1868 Mercer County Courthouse bell on the lawn of the Mercer County Historical Museum.